Restore color to Exterior black trim?

Is it possible to restore the black color to exterior trim after it begins to become chalky and gray?

Reply to
Scot

I remember seeing something at Walmart that claims to restore the black to the trim. I haven't used it, so I can't say if it's any good or not, but you might want to give it a try.

Reply to
Dave Cilluffo

I've had good results with "Forever Black". The applicator is the same as those used for liquid shoe polish; two coats were needed for even coverage. Other products that seem to work well are

Trim-A-Shield
.

Reply to
Bob Kegel

I just use Armor-All and get good results but it needs to be reapplied once a week or so.

Reply to
Ulysses

Armor-All will streak your paint, whenever it rains and washes off the trim. If you can find it pure silicone gel works best.

">I just use Armor-All and get good results but it needs to be reapplied once

Reply to
Ralph J.

Has anyone used a product called "Back to Black"? How does it work on exterior door trim, especially the vertical trim that's approx 2 inches wide?

Reply to
Scot

"Scot" wrotenews:5GWbd.5483$SZ5.4655 @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

There is flat black Auto Trim paint at most Auto stores.

I simply use semi-gloss enamal paint and it works well. But of course, you have to make sure you have all the silicon based waxes and stuff cleaned off and I use 400 grit wet paper to lightly sand first. This is how I do my windshield wipers also.

-- Riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi

Reply to
Richard Ray

I primed and painted it. Than lightly used polishing compound after two weeks. It really made a differance. Looks great.

George

Reply to
Pakgeorge