Reverse light wire - 2004 Ford Explorer

I've just purchased some inexpensive auxiliary back-up lights to mount on the hitchbar of my 2004 Ford Explorer XLT.

I need to find a convenient spot to splice a relay connection into the reverse light wire. Does anyone know:

a) what color(s) the reverse light wire on a 2004 Explorer is?

b) is there a good place to get to that wire to make a splice into to connect trhe relay for my auxiliary lughts?

Thanks

Reply to
Charles O'Neill

At the risk of stating the obvious, why not pop the access panel open on one of the tail light pods and make your connection at the lamp itself?

Reply to
Herb Kauhry