RMXU2J6G037DPA

This is the part number of a 4 liter explorer engine. Which one? I have the chance to buy it new. My explorer is a 1997 SOHC model. Is this the correct engine for my Explorer?

I am UK based so you will probably realise that Ford backup and info is almost non existant over here.

thanks Ian Lowrie.

Reply to
Ian Lowrie

Ian,

I guess we are both looking at the same Ebay advert (Bridgewater)I asked the guy whether it had overhead cams on each cylinder head, he declined to respond. I have checked with my local Ford dealer, he confirms ir's the pushrod version, so no good for me. This is a genuine response, not a response to put you off.

Peter Swinson

Reply to
mr2k

There have been several 'new' pushrod engines on eBayUK recently. The sellers often quote them as being suitable for up to year 2001 models, which clearly they are not. I guess Ford are selling off surplus old stock as there have been some 'unusual' Explorer items on eBay recently that could only really come from a main dealer - a 'brand new' chassis springs to mind by way of example. Was there ever a UK model Explorer with the pushrod engine?

Cheers, Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

Hi Simon,, Peter,, Right on, that's the one I had seen.. Will give it a miss.

Backup from Ford uk is pisspoor. I have now aquired the 3 full workshop manuals. If anyone needs info from them I can scan the relevant section to a pdf file and email it on. Nothing too large though as I only have access to a dialup connection. My Explorer is one of the blessings of being fairly remote whereas a dialup connection is the downside that goes with it. I have added 25000 miles in the last 12 months. It's showing 125,000 now. It would cost a not so small fortune to run had it not been converted to lpg. The only problem with the gas conversion was an extreme case of misfire and backfiring cured completely by a change of plugleads to magnecor.

If I can help anyone just ask and I will do my best. thanks Ian Lowrie

Reply to
Ian Lowrie