Rotors for '92 Sport?

The original rotors on my '92 4x4 Sport have been turned for the last time and need to be replaced the next time the front brakes are done, which will need to be fairly soon. This is our only vehicle and is used for everything from commuting to trips to the grocery store to weekend getaways. We very occasionally take it onto dirt roads in the Sierras or Northern CA coast, but never really off-road.

Given our usage, high performance rotors would probably be overkill. Also, my wife was laid off recently, so the budget has gotten pretty tight. But my wife drives this vehicle a lot, so I want good quality, dependable replacement parts for it. Recommendations for rotors and venders and estimated prices would be appreciated. TIA

Reply to
DJD

FWIW, I did do a newsgroup search in Google, but most of what I found were high performance recommendations.

Reply to
DJD

Autozone.com lists $40.00 each, bearings at $9 or $14 each (x2/side) plus $5 for inner seal.

Probably about the same prices + or - elsewhere.

You'll need to get the > > The original rotors on my '92 4x4 Sport have been turned for the last

Reply to
rakster

Here's a kick.. What axle ratio do you have? Ford parts lists 3 different rotors for 4wd, 92 Explorer.. see:

and drill down. cost is not cheap.$156.90 to $174.18 each Interesting.

Reply to
rakster

Thanks for the info and comments.

Reply to