Scan Code for Cylinder Misfire

My '97 Explorer (5.0L) has had a miss that has been consistently setting the code for a misfire on cylinder 3. I have replaced the plugs, swapped the cylinder 3 plug wire, and swapped Bank coils with no change. What else could be left other than the injector or EGR port? Any help would be appreciated.

Don J.

Reply to
maui1015

Have you checked for any base engine concerns.... low compression, etc?

Reply to
Jim Warman

I haven't checked engine compression yet. I didn't feel compression was a concern since the miss was not consistent. But, I will check compression just the same. Thanks for the reply.

Don J.

Reply to
maui1015