Seat Belts - Used Parts

I have a "91 Explorer that I have had since new. And I have managed to repair all of the common problems associated with these early trucks. Now another issue has arisen.

The female end of the drivers seat belt is failing. About half of the time the belt will not stay engaged, It will "click" as if locked, but will easily pull out. So I began looking for a replacement in junk yards. But none have any Explorers! Where are all these junk Explorers at? I know new is better, but new is >$75!

Anyone out there parting out an early Explorer?

Reply to
John Normile

is your life not worth 75 bucks you could try ebay or do a search on one of these junk yard parts finder searches or even do a search for aftermarket parts try rockauto.com they sell a lot of parts for a fraction of the cost

Reply to
mab6680

I had a persistent ratchet problem with the seatbelts on an '88 F-250. I thought I shouldn't trust my & my passengers lives to possibly worn, faulty "used parts", so I bit the bullet and ordered & purchased both front sets (sold in sets only) from the Ford dealer. These were more than $100 ($140 ish?) per set. Turns out the in very short order, the exact same ratchet problem was going on with the "brand new" seat belt assemblies new from Ford. I should have saved my money...

Reply to
351CJ