Sending Unit on Oil Pan ?

93 EB 4x4, V6:

Anyone know what the sending unit on the bottom / side of the oil pan is for?

I replaced the sending unit on the front / side of ther block hoping to get rid of my not finctioning gauge and "check oil" light being on - problem still exist.

Then I noticed what looks like a another sending unit on the oil pan? What exactly is it used for? Could it be electrically in series to the gauge?

Reply to
LouO

I don't know what the sending unit on the front of the block is, but the low oil level sensor is on the oil pan.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress