Sensa-Trac or Reflex shocks

I have a 97 Explorer that going to need new shocks. Anybody have any experience with the Monroe Reflex? I currently have about 50k on the installed set of Sensa-Trac but was wondering about the ride quality with the Reflex.

Reply to
Xx

I think they are very similar. I forget which car I called about but I was looking for shocks for one of my cars and wanted the Reflex but the Monroe catalog only showed the SensaTrak. I called the Monroe tech line and the guy said that actually what they were selling for that particular application was actually the reflex even though they were labeling it as sensatrak for some reason. I think they may have been phasing the sensatrak out. In any case, I think you will like the reflex. My 92 had the factory shocks, then some SensaTraks, then some Edlebrocks, and now it's got the Reflex. The Edlebrocks were the worst.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I put Sensa-Tracs on my 99 XLT and I love them. They are the perfect balance between comfort and performance.

Reply to
Mikepier

I chucked my factory shocks at 36K miles and installed Reflex. I think they're a little on the stiff side which I like since my last vehicle was a 280zx. I have about 50k on them now but I'm wondering how long they're supposed to last.

Reply to
Nerdlinger