side view mirror defrosters

I have a 2003 XLT. It did not come with side view mirror defrosters. Ford made it sort of difficult to actually get them. My question is: Does anybody know if the wiring harness(s) is set up for them, and all that has to be done is replace the side mirrors, or is it no-doable at this late date?

Thanks,

Reply to
syclone

defrosters.

I ran into this problem on my 2001 Sport. From what I've found out ONLY the Limited model had the heated side mirrors. I'm not sure if the wiring harness in any other models are set-up to work with the heated mirrors. It would be nice if Ford had a better idea and made all the harness's the same, But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Good Luck

Reply to
HR57