Spare Tire Lock Ford Explorer 2001

My spare tire was stolen. Somehow the theif managed to lower the tire and cut the cable while my car was locked. The folks at Firestone said they've seen similar cases (one the week before). The said there are locks available to prevent the spare from being stolen. Aside from getting a chain and plastic coated lock, does anyone know of other products or solutions?

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
kevinkrumm