Spark plug replacement on 91

Replaced the spark plugs last night. That right rear plug is a bitch to get at. The original plugs still fired, but after 14 years it didn't seem like a bad idea to switch. The gap had grown to about .075, somewhat over spec. I'm hoping to gain a little better gas mileage with the platinum replacements. The right front plug was white instead of the tan color I was expecting/hoping for. Not just white on the porcelain cone, but all over! Does this mean a failing head gasket?

Reply to
DAVMO

doesn't white indicate a lean / extra hot condition?

Reply to
Mike

dunno if we're talking the same plug, but what I did was put the socket over the plug, got a 3/4" closed wrench and just loosened up the plug, no ratchet, no worries, installed the same way too.

Reply to
Eric F