spark plugs

What is the correct Motorcraft spark plug for 2000 Limited 5.0 V8? I will probably use Motorcrafts; the originals have given me good service.

Is it SP432 (Autozone shows this) or AWSF-32EE (owners manual shows this)?

Thanks.

Reply to
newman

According to the on line Motorcraft Catalog (

) you have two choices:

1) SP413 Suppressor Spark Plug PREMIUM NICKEL ALLOY - .054 GAP 2) SP432 Suppressor Spark Plug PLATINUM FINEWIRE - .054 GAP

I'd go with the SP432 Platinum Plugs.

AWSF-32EE is the old style Ford/Motorcraft P/N for the SP432 plugs. These are double platinum plugs. I have no idea why Ford changes numbers so frequently. When you pull your old plugs out of the engine, don't be surprised if they have a different number, and the number is different on the left and right banks. The OE plugs were single platinum and only had platinum on the electrode where it was needed (this is for engines with waste spark ignition). The replacement plugs will be double platinum so that you don't have to worry about mixing the plugs up.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

[...]

Both numbers are the same, sp432 is the new number. I am a parts/service manger at a ford dealership, for is changing the numbers on their plugs

Reply to
quiggles