Steering Wheel alignment on 91 FWD

I recently replace the power steering gear box on my '91 FWD Explorer and now the steering wheel is no longer straight up and down when driving forward. The splines on the Pitman arm and sector shaft are keyed in such a way that you can't simply re-install the arm at a slightly different angle, and the steering column shaft is keyed such that it only fits on way. So how do I change the rotational angle of the steering wheel? Is there a simple way to do this or must I pull the steering wheel off and re-align it there??

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Tiger