Sylvania Silverstars for 1995 Fog lamps

Are Sylvania Silverstar lamps available for fog lamps (1995 EB 4X4)?

The Sylvania webite shows both lamp types "899" and "H3" for this application. Only the H3 are available in the Silverstar. Are these lamps interchangable? Also, the H3 lamps are shown at 55W. If I recall correctly the OEM fog lamps are 40W. Wonder if this difference is enough to melt or warp the reflectors.

TIA

Jim

Reply to
Jim

H3 and 899 bulbs are NOT interchangable. You need to look at the bulb to see which you have. You can look at the catalog on the sylvania web site.

The H3 is 55w (and go up to 130 watts) the 899 is 37.5 w.

Reply to
Dave

However, 893 bulbs will fit, and are available in silverstars. I just don't know about the beam pattern

WW

Reply to
Winn Wikoff