THE DOOR AJAR LIGHT ON A 95 EXPLORER

THE DOOR AJAR LIGHT STAYS ON WHENEVER THE BACK LIFT GATE IS OPEN AND THEN CLOSED. ALSO THE INTERIOR DOME LIGHTS STAY ON AND DONT SHUT OFF. I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. IF ANY ONE CAN HELP IT WOULD BE GREAT.

Reply to
MUSTANGS

Gerald Riggs

Here's the deal:

I also have a 95 EB and get the same condition. First place to look is the back hatch switches for the hinging rear most door. They are black plastic things that have to slide freely (one on each side). I think they may be magnetic activated, so be sure they don't have any greese, dirt on them. See if you can slide them freely. Next be sure to firmly close the back glass window.

Most importantly, the Exps have a stay on feature on the lights. Notice when you pull up on the locked door, the lights come on and stay on so you can see the number lock pad and inside the car. If you leave one of the doors open, or switch isn't working, the lights are supposed to go out after about 20 minutes if its not running.

Reply to
Ted

Reply to
Tony P.