ticking sound with acceleration

All,

Just got my Explorer back after getting the heads replaced. It made a ticking sound that when I accelerated it would speed up with it. After a day, the check engine light came on with a code of 1405(Differential Pressure Feedback EGR DPFE Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged.) I looked under the hood and found that a hose was not replaced after the heads were replaced. I purchased a fuel line hose and it seems to have corrected the sound. I cleared the code. My question is this: Would this missing hose have caused any loss of horsepower? I really have no idea what the devices are called. I just noticed a hose was missing on something attached above the left(driver's side) valve cover and it looked like it should have connected into the exhaust system. The hose would have been about 8-10 inches long.

Thanks for any input.

Lance

Reply to
Lance