Tire recommendations??

I have a 2000 Explorer XLS with Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires. It's time to change tires, and I'm looking for something that's smoother on the road. These are rough riding at best. I do no off-roading, so just looking for a smoother road ride.

Any comments appreciated. Good deal reports gladly accepted as well! :>)

TIA

Reply to
BOTMLINE 2

I love the Michelin ATXs. Expensive, but well worth it for ride quality (at least in my stiff as heck '93 Explorer Sport). Also, the Edelbrock shocks greatly improved ride quality as well for about six months and then they didn't work so well (go figure).

Reply to
Tommy Wood

I have the Michelin Man Cross Terrain SUVs on my `94 Limited. All I can say is "Sweet." The old Dunlop Radial Rovers were noisy as heck; these are the opposite. Would I prefer the Rovers while fording (no pun intended) a stream or climbing a sand dune? Heck yeah. Do I ever do either? Heck no. And the only bargain I came across is at Costco, which has all Michelin's on sale until June 21 for $80 off a set. Their warranty is terrific... every 6 months I get a free wheel balancing and rotation. Flats are also repaired free, not that I ever had one in the X Terrains. You need to be a member... the coupon is in the booklets they send through the mail. If you do not have one, the membership desk will give you one. ______ address bot resistant and human safe

Reply to
SmartyPants

oops... slight change: The sale is on until June 27 and includes Bridgestones.

SmartyPants