Torque Spec for brake anchor plate-to-steering knuckle bolts ?

I've got a 98 4WD 4 door explorer and I'm pulling the front rotors to be resurfaced. I had to remove the 2 bolts for the brake anchor plate to get the rotor off (these are not the same bolts that you have to remove to just replace the pads). I need to know what to torque the bolts to when I put the brake anchor plate back on. My shop manual is packed away since I'm in the process of moving and I can't look up the spec for myself. Anyone out there know what the torque spec is?

Thanks in advance Steve

Reply to
sehaare

Steve, according to my Ford service DVD, the spec for the front disc brake caliper anchor plate bolts is 98-132 lb-ft.

I'm going to cut and paste the table from the DVD, but it may not copy properly. Here goes nothin'

Torque Specifications Description Nm Lb-Ft Brake hose bolt 30-40 23-29 Front disc brake caliper anchor plate bolts 98-132 72-97 Disc brake caliper bolts 28-36 21-26 Brake disc shield bolts 10-14 7-10

Reply to
Kevin DeAngelis

Oops - make that 98-132 N-m, or 72-97 lb-ft.

If you torque them to 90-95 lb-ft, you'll be fine.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin DeAngelis

Kevin,

Thanks someone else emailed my 73-97 so I went to 85. It's always good to get the info from two sources.

Reply to
sehaare