Towing package or not on '02 XLT?

I got my '02 XLT used, and I'm not sure how to identify if I have the towing package -- specifically if the hitch is not the standard Class II hitch but the towing package's III+ hitch.

It's the 4.0 engine, 2 wheel drive, auto transmission. But, that's all I'm sure of.

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

For the 4.0L and automatic transmission, the towing package included o Class III hitch receiver o 7-pin electrical connector o 3.73 limited slip diff (which you can confirm from the VIN) o engine oil cooler

Bill Jeffrey

---------------------

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

Bill,

I wasn't able to find a satisfactory VIN decoder site, but I did find an axle type description, on this site:

My axle "D4" (from the sticker inside the driver's door) is the 3.73 limited slip, I do have the 7 pin connector, and I'm pretty sure I have the tranny cooler -- although one guy told me it was a power steering cooler (which I don't believe, now).

So, it looks like I *do* have the towing package. Yeah!

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

It's got a power steering cooler, too....

Reply to
Paul Fidler