Trade in for 2001 Explorer Sport Trac

Hi All On Feb 5th, I traded my 2001 Sport Trac in for a 2004 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew. When doing the research on the deal, the Sport Trac valued out to $13,400 for a trade in, in Oregon by KBB. This included taking into account the hard tonneau cover, American Racing Wheels, 6 CD changer and running boards I had added. The mileage was just under 24,000, and the truck was in really good shape, but I used the "good condition" price. There was a 5 inch hairline crack in the windshield. I was really surprised when the salesman came back with an offer of $16,999 for it.

The truck sold on Feb 12th, but it was still in the dealership's ad yesterday for $19,999. I met the new owner at the dealership when I was picking up the F150 after having the bedliner sprayed in. I don't know how much he paid for it, but just maybe our Explorers aren't losing as much as we thought they were, which is good news. Mike

Reply to
Michael