Trailer Extension Mirrors

I am looking for a set of mirror extensions for my '99 Explorer XLT. I recently purchased a pop-up camper, but can not see around it with my side mirrors. I have seen some websites offering slip-on mirror extensions and I will most likely order a set similar to those I've seen.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a make/model of mirror extensions? I would appreciate any feedback before I order a set.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mark M

No recommendations... I've hated every last one that I've tried. Still, seeing something is much better than seeing nothing.

Reply to
Jim Warman

The slip-on / clip-on mirrors are not worth the money. Either they don't give a wide enough field of view (ie, they don't stick out far enough), or they vibrate in the wind so much that you can't see anything - or usually, both.

I am very active on the forum for TrailManor trailers, and we have had long discussions on this topic. The only successful mirrors that anyone has ever found are from McKesh. Virtually all of our members use them, most of us after having tried something else. They are easily removable, go on the car in about 15 seconds each and come off in about

5 seconds each, are rock-steady, and don't damage the paint. Available from many sources, both online and at retail at RV stores.

Check the article at

They can be a little pricey, and the prices vary a lot, so be sure to look around on the web before you write the check at an RV store.

Mark M wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey