transfer case problems

I'm having problems (a whine) out of my transfer case. I've been told it's a worn shift fork assembly and housing. I want to r/r the thing but I need some info on it b4 I start. Any help out there? Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Wallydfd

They replaced my case at 24000 miles. Had the rear end replaced at 47000 miles. Lucky to have purchased the extended warranty.

Reply to
Bruce Sutton

I have a 2002 V8 that has a transfer case whine. I have about 30K miles and want to get it fixed before the warrenty expires. Was your Explorer a V8?

Reply to
GDT

want to get it fixed before the warrenty expires. Was your Explorer a V8?

no

Reply to
Dallas