Transmission problems...I think

I have a 2003 ford explorer xlt 4x4 it has about 70,000 miles on it..I noticed a while back that it wasnt shifting right (I could feel it jerk a bit as it was changing gears) and it made a whining kinda sound as I was driving. So I take it to aamco and they say that the tranny is ruined and they need to rebuild it. So $3000 later I have it back and it seems better but after it is being drove for a bit it shifts kinda funny and still has the sound. Actually the sound seems a little worse now on occasion. I am definatley taking it back to aamco but I was just curious if anyone here as any experience with a problem like this. Is it deifnatley the tranny or could it be the rear end also possibly? Any input is appreciated.

Reply to
Jason

Why, dear God, did you take it to an AAMCO? They are the crookedest transmission shops on the planet, typically charging twice what any reputable shop charges for the same work.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Are you sure that the whining isn't the infamous "whining rear end"? This was a big problem in 2002, and hundreds if not thousands were repaired under warranty. Did this problem persist into the 2003 models?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey