Turn signal is crazy.

Hi,

This is for a '96 Mazda B2300 but I guess it's the same as an explorer.

The turn signal is giving me trouble. The right side will sometimes not go on and I will have to turn it off and then on again to get it to work. Other then that all light bulbs are fine and the signals work at the rate they should (no fast signal). My right side will not work when I turn the hazard lights on.

Any idea on what the cause is ? My guess it's the turn signal unit under the dash but any info is appreciated.

Thanks, zoti

Reply to
zoti

Does it buzz?

Reply to
Ratbert

Reply to
zoti

You'd probably remember if it were buzzing. If you find out that it is buzzing when the turn signal doesn't work, search this group via goole groups for "multi function switch" and "buzzing" and see what you find. I've had that problem before, and it was the multi function switch (turn signal switch on the column). I've posted how to replace it. If it's not buzzing, I can't say whether that's the problem, though.

Reply to
Ratbert

Reply to
zoti

Reply to
zoti

Reply to
zoti

You can clean it, but the problem will likely come back. I cleaned mine successfully a couple of times, but it kept coming back. I finally bought a new multi function switch for about $50.

Try this:

or this:

Ratbert

Ratbert wrote in news:1UATc.12280$TI1.7478@attbi_s52:

I cleaned mine more than a year ago and it is still working fine. I did do a total disassembly of the switch which, I suspect, most folks avoid since its spring loaded. Re-greasing with non-conductive grease is probably important, too.

Reply to
Clark

Try replacing the flasher unit. Check for the exact location in the owner's manual.

Reply to
Richard Ray

Reply to
zoti