Unlock all doors by turning key twice? - 2002 Explorer

Anyone know if this feature is available in 2002 Explorers - EB? I tried turning the key twice and the only the driver's door unlocked. Is there perhaps a setting I need to do to get this feature to work?

Thanks,

Reply to
mnt

As far as I have seen, there is no provision for the switch necessary for this option. However, I do like the progressive unlock feature of the RKE fob. When all else fails, there's a little book in the cubbyhole that explains all the features available on the vehicle in question. Bear in mind that yours may not have all the available options...

Jim Warman

AFAIK, there are no provision in the door latch mechanism for the required switch to enable this feature..... when all else fails, all I can suggest is to consult your owners manual first since this will explain all the features available (but not necessarily installed) on your car.

At the risk of sounding ignorant (something new for me, right?)... all I can suggest is that you avail yourself of your owners manual instead of asking everyone else to do your research for you..... I f you don't have an owners manual, I can suggest

a starting point. jim warman snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net

Reply to
Jim Warman

Turning the key twice will not unlock all doors. Rapidly pressing the unlock button on the keyfob twice will.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I do not know about the 2002, but with my 97 it does. My 97 owners manual indicates that if the vehicle is equiped with power locks, then using the key to open the door will result in passengers door unlocking with first turn and all doors unlocking with a second turn within 4 seconds.

You might want to check your owners manual to see what it says. I did not see a way to disable the feature >

Reply to
Art McClinton

Similar here on my 1998 EB AWD Explorer. Per page 45, Controls and Features section, of the Owners Guide:

Two Step Unlocking (if equipped):

When unlocking the driver door with the key, turn it once toward the rear of the vehicle to unlock that door only. Turn the key to the rear a second time to unlock all doors.

Good luck,

Steven

Art McCl>

Reply to