Used vehicle with remote starter kit?

Hello,

I recently purchased a lightly used 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. Under the hood is a warning label about disconnecting the remote starter feature if you are working on the engine. The strange thing is that there was no mention of this option when I purchased the vehicle.

I snooped around under the steering wheel column and found some loose wires and a couple of 'black boxes' tucked away towards the firewall with many plugs in there. One of the boxes had black lettering "ICD" on it. Based on how these boxes are placed I'd say whatever this stuff is...it's an aftermarket addition.

Does what I'm describing sound like a remote starter kit was installed? I tried finding other distinguishing markings on the boxes but didn't see any...so if anyone has ideas how to find the manufacturer and get a new key fob for this, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks! Mike

Reply to
Mike Fink

You might find some luck here...

ICD = IC Dynamics... they are a pretty big maker of remote starts..

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Thanks Chief! That's exactly what I was looking for. Now to see about getting the new fob.

Reply to
Mike Fink