What does the tire lowering tool look like?

I just got a 99 Explorer. The tool for lowing the tire is missing. (well, you can't think of everything...) What does it look like? Maybe I can make something else work.

Reply to
Toller

I was "researching" on ebay, and found they go under the seat! I am still not finding them. Where? It is a 2 door. Thanks.

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
Big Shoe

On my 96' Sport, the tool is underneath the carpet just BEHIND the rear seats. Not under the seats.

Reply to
gordo

Found em! Thanks much.

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
Art McClinton

I probably shouldn't admit this, but when I finally got around to looking in the glove compartment I found the manual. This is my first used car, and I am expecting everything to be missing or worn out. So far I am doing pretty good though.

Reply to
Toller

Well, things do wear out and Explorers have their known quirks but most folks here seem to be real happy with them. Heck, I have 3 of them. They may sometimes be a PITA but they are quite repairable usually and I can't find anything better for my purposes. I'm about ready to sell my '04 Nissan Frontier and get another Explorer. That will make 4. I may end up keeping the '92 for parts or short trips only as it has about 275,000 miles on it and my wife is nervous about driving it very far because it's so old but I wouldn't let her drive it if I didn't think it was safe and reliable.

When you do find it needs some repairs or whatever this is the place to ask but remember that most subjects have already been discussed in length and previous posts can be found by searching google.com.

Reply to
Ulysses