Wheel bearings & differential

2002 Explorer XLT with V-8, 61,000 one owner miles in 3 years miles and now I've got three bad wheel bearings (both rear and driver's side front). Seems awful quick to wear out. They are the newer "hub and bearing assembly" but expensive. Auto mechanic buddy says Ford OEM and replacement bearings are Chinese in original and recommends replacing with SKF (US made and higher quality) at same price. Anyone got any better ideas? Refutation of the info re source of parts?

BTW: a few thousand miles ago I had to replace the differential and learned there is one of those "unpublished" bulletins where Ford picks up most of the tab because of another manufacturing defect in the differential casing.

Reply to
NCV-VT