wheel swap

Does anyone know of an information source that lists factory wheel swaps? I have a 98 xlt 4x4 that has the factory 15" wheel/tires on it. There are a lot of pre-mounted factory 16" and 17" take-offs on eBay and the like. Has anyone done this? TIA, RJ

Reply to
RJ

All Ford Ranger, Mercury and Lincoln Aviator SUV wheels have the same bolt pattern. You can do this but I would not go larger unless you have a 3:73 gear in your truck. The taller 17" wheels will hurt your mileage and kill your pulling power unless you have the 3:73 gears. If you do swap have a Ford dealer go through the OBD II port and change the tire size so your speedometer will read correct. Your 98 has a electronic speedometer and changes can be made through the OBD II port. Go to Tire Rack and look at a set of 245-70 15 tires with the 5 spoke chrome wheels. You can purchase these new for the price of used on e-bay, unless the used set are take-offs that no one wants. No changes are needed with new 15" wheels.

R> Does anyone know of an information source that lists factory wheel

Reply to
Ron Bozich