when to replace OXYGEN Sensor?????????/

94 Exploder, V6/245ci, 106k miles, AC,PS,4x4, auto trans. Something smells almost like gasoline just on occasion and usually after I turn the A/C off??????? I've looked for leals, ect-no luck.--Am wondering if the Oxygen sensor could be involved since it has not been replace (if ever) in the last 55k miles?????? Probably needs to be replaced anyway?? Any idea where it is?????? THANKS!! dan
Reply to
dan

Dan:

The vapor recovery canister under the hood is your culprit. It sits above your left front tire. It is a black plastic box with a vent or two in the top. Put your nose near the vents when you notice the smell. Likely it has a cracked hose or is overwhelmed by the gas vapor from the fuel tank. It is also possible that the solenoid that feeds the fumes into the intake manifold is faulty and not letting the recovered vapor get vacuumed out and burned in the engine. HTH

-steve

Reply to
94EB4x4