Where do I find my keypad code Ford Explorer 02?

I've done some research but can not get a straight answer. Does anyone know?

Reply to
relic

The only way I'm sure of is to retrieve it from the module using the WDS scan tool. Some of the early ones had it on a module in one of the rear side panels. This may be applicable up to the job 1 Explorers but I am sure it is not applicable to the job 2 Exs.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

I got mine off the card inside the owner's manual .... you don't have one?

Reply to
Janet

you will also find it embossed onto your computer in the back of the truck. I believe on yours it is on the drivers side in around where the jack is. You may need a small mirror to read it though. Good Luck.

-Andy

Reply to
Teleplus Gatineau

This may or may not be true. Ford changed the type of security system and the newer system doesn't have the code on the unit. The original modules were programed when the modules were manufactured. The newer modules are electronically programed during the vehicle build process.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

You jogged my memory... early to mid 80s (IIRC) s when the key pad reared it's ugly head. I had one custoer with a Lincoln Town Car circa this period. All you had to do was look under the lip of the trunk lid to see the keypad code. Security at it's finest.

If it makes anyone feel better.... on the late vehicles, using the WDS scan tool, it takes 10 minutes to be granted access to the security programming. After that, anything you want to do HAS to be done correctly other wise the module will punt your *ss and make you start from scratch. DAMHIKT!!!

Reply to
Jim Warman

Just bought a 96 XLT yesterday for daughter and her new baby. Seller did not have the code or the card. Your post saved me a lot of trouble, Thanks. We also have a 2000 Eddie Bauer model. Love them both.

Reply to
John Ahnen