Whining sound

When my engine gets warm, it sometimes makes a whining sound when I idle. It stops when I hit the gas pedal. Sometimes when I turn on the AC it stops briefly, but it comes back. Does anybody know what this would be?

Thank you for your help!

Reply to
jenniferl

I forgot to mention, it's a 1995 Explorer, Eddie Bauer.

Reply to
jenniferl

I have a 98 eddie and it does the same thing... I was hoping to find an anwser also

Reply to
bigrich424

Does this happen when it's hot outside (above 85 degrees F)? If so, odds are it's your idle air control valve. $40 at NAPA.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin D

Yes, almost always when it is hot! It does it at night sometimes too when it is about in the 70's or so. It did this last summer, then quit for the whole winter and started again when it got hot this summer. Thanks!

Reply to
jenniferl