Windshield Replacement

The New England winter cracked the windshield on my 2000 Explorer 2dr Sport. This never happened on my 1991 Explorer -- its windshield seemed to be a lot thicker. So I wonder, when I replace the glass on the 2000, will the thicker glass from an earlier model fit?

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
Greg Berchin

There was a discussion here on windshields a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly you need to replace it with an OEM windshield because of some sort of electrical connections that won't work if they are not the same. Perhaps a Google search might find the discussion.

Reply to
Ulysses