Windshield washer control

The push button on the stalk of my 96 XLT has stopped working. The washer pump has been confirmed to be okay. Is there any way to disassemble and repair the stalk itself, or should I bite the bullet and buy a replacement?

Reply to
Jonah

From the wisdom of others.. I followed this procedure and everything works fine now.

which has a very similar control.

Reply to
Cory

My Taurus had the same problem (we also have an EB) the explorer turn signal switch is probably similar, . I found that two small wires broken in the unit. I removed the whole turn signal/washer unit from the steering column and opened it. No special tools needed. There were three wires coming from the stalk, two of which were separated from their connections. I soldered them back and everything works well. If both the intermittent wipers and the washer don't work, the problem could be in the in the base of the unit.

replacement?

Reply to
Bill