windshield wiper blades

anyone have any experience using Trico teflon wiper blades? i wonder how they perform insnowy icy weather as they do not have rubber boots covering their frames as do regular winter blades. any comments appreciated.. thanx, jim

Reply to
Jim Weibel

Big Shoe

I tried the "winter premium" blades (that have the rubber boot over the mechanism) on my '97 Explorer last winter, and had to remove them almost immediately. The Explorer is not very aerodynamic and wind hits the windshield pretty directly at highway speeds (as you know from cleaning bugs off the window). I found that the booted blades lift slightly at highway speeds and do not clear the window in rain or sleet conditions. Actually pretty dangerous.

=Vic= Bear Gap, PA

Reply to
Vic Klein

I purchased a set of Trico teflon blades ($23.06) a few months back (Sept.12,2004) but had to replace them yesterday (Dec.23,2004). They started off fine but later began to almost grate against the windshield in moderate rain. Cleaning them helped for a short time but the grating sound returned. I even tried reversing them but this too failed quickly. I have a 2001 Dodge van B1500 so I a got a Mopar set($22.28) from the dealer. In all fairness the Trico's did a good job wiping the windshield but the grating sound was getting on my nerves.

Anyone else experience this?

Reply to
lincolnross