Windstar question?

As an Explorer owner, I have benefitted greatly from the advice of this group over the last couple years. I am a new minivan owner and realized there is no such minivan newsgroup to consult. Please don't berate me too severely for violating newsgroup "cross model" edicate, if such a thing exists.

I bought a mint 2001 Windstar Sport with 27K. I noticed the front alignment is cambered out dramatically. I have also noticed the same on some other Windstars on the road. Is that normal?

Reply to
Saychris2

These things come from the factory with lots of negative camber (too much, in many cases). It's really hard to give a definitive answer without actually measuring camber and checking closely for abnormal tire wear.

Negative camber improves cornering performance and it appears that most manufacturers are speccing 0° to negative camber.

If tire wear becomes a problem, camber can be adjusted though it can be a tad spendy. Cowl panel has to come off and spot welds need to be drilled..... If tire wear isn't becomong a problem and the van drives well, I wouldn't get too concerned other than making sure ball joints, etc. are in decent shape.

A minivan?????? A MINIVAN???? You are a marked man.....

Reply to
Jim Warman