wipers

the wiper blades on my 2000 ltd seem pretty small.

is it possible, or advisable, to replace the factory wipers (not sure what length they are) with longer ones for more coverage on the windshield?

thanks

2000 limited 5.0 v8 60k miles
Reply to
stevef

I'm not familiar with the wipers on a 2000...How close do they come to the top of the windshield now? Replacements can be tried, I would imagine, but there may be problems because of the larger swept area; the motors may not like the extra drag, for one, and the springs that press the blade to the windshield may not be strong enough for the longer blades. But they are fairly cheap, so if I were you, I'd do the measurement to see how much closer I can go to the windshield top, and take a current blade in to the parts store, and let them show you what a longer one would actually look like; it it will fit the windshield (and the arm), it probably won't do any damage to try.

Reply to
Big Bill

I replaced those on my 94 with blades 6 inches longer - from 18 to 24. World of a difference. I sit tall in the saddle and no longer did I have to look through unswept glass. There was no problem either with the blades reaching beyond the glass nor with the spring being too weak to hold the rubber to the glass.

Reply to
S.P.

"S.P." wrotenews: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I experimented one time when I bought the wrong size, and after looking at it, detirmined that the passenger side would get the longer blade, and it worked great.

Reply to
Anastazi