X-charger From Explorer Express 4.0 SOHC

Looked at their website and found a turbocharger for my Ford 4.0 SOHC Sport Trac. Anythoughts of comments if this is a good idea? Comments and viewpoints highly appreciated.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Andaya

I thought they'd given up on the project. I was interested in one 6 years ago or so. They kept saying it was coming 'soon'. That went on for years and I finally forgot about it. I do wonder why it took so long.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

My understanding is that most folks were waiting for warranties to be up, putting the prototypes on older engines without doing any other work, and then blowing the motor....

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

Spoke to Dave Vanek of EE last Thursday and said that initial prototypes were buggy due to incompatible tuners. Now using SCT tuners instead and was bug free. Had sold prbably a hundrd units by now. Was wondering if anone in this newsgoups had one installed so i can have feedback regarding them.

Reply to
Michael Andaya