XM Radio for A 2000

Maybe a dumb question but, is there a radio people are using to get XM/Sirius radio? One that fits an explorer 2000 model.

Reply to
Fathergoose

You can buy an external receiver that plays through your radio on an "empty" FM station. It plugs into a power socket in the car and has a display screen for finding the right channel. I would give you my old one, but I threw it away last week. Tom

Reply to
Tom from WI

===================== huh, ok. thanks Tom, for the offer and info.

It shows I need to do some research...thanks for giving me a starting place. Did you like your old one and did you replace it ?

Fathergoose

Reply to
Fathergoose

I got it as a gift and kept it for about a year. Rarely used it, did enjoy the BBC to get a different view of our politics and listened to an NFL game once in awhile. Bought a new car that had it built in, with six months of "free" service (for about $200). Again didn't use it and didn't sign up for more service after the six months. I'm not in the car that much, so that is probably the reason I didn't use it. Reception was a little flaky in our town because there are so many trees. I don't think the portable units are that expensive, so you might want to give it a try. The portable units will also work in the house if you have something to attach it to (i.e. speakers). Tom

Reply to
Tom from WI