00 Ford Explorer Won't Idle

I can start my 2000 Ford Explorer, and if I press the accelerator it stays running, but once I let go, it dies. This happened to me once before many
months ago, but after a few minutes I tried it and it started normally. Anybody know what the problem is?
Thanks!
The IAC valve is acting up. Very easy to remove and clean. I had the same problem on my 99 XLT. This is a common problem on most Explorers.

I agree with sizzle. The IAC valve hangs and doesn't allow the vehicle to idle. You can try to clean it however it's easier to replace it and go about your business without worry. Simply remove the plastic cover on top of the upper manifold (four screws) and remove the IAC valve (chrome/aluminum valve). It has a small gasket.
John

stays
"SizzleMP" wrote...

Thanks, Sizzle. I did a little research on the 'net last night and that's primarily what I found, especially at www.fixyourford.com! Gotta send that guy some dough. :)
This morning I drove it to transport my kids to school and myself to work, pressing the accelerator each time I idled so it wouldn't die. Eventually, it would idle just fine (though it seemed a bit weaker than normal)! What's up with that? :-\
Anyway, I'm going to try cleaning the IAC valve tonight. Pray for me, people. I'm a car idiot. :)