00 Taurus automatic headlights

On our 2000 Ford Taurus, the automatic headlight feature has malfunctioned. When it gets dark enough for the lights to kick in, the parking lights turn
on, but the headlights do not. I can turn the headlight switch to the on position and the headlights will come on. So, I'm sure there is a relay or something out, but I cannot locate it. Any help would be appreciated.
Your autolamp problem could be caused by the autolamp relay K331. This is located in the central junction box. It could also be a problem with the Generic Electronic Module. Both of these devices are located under the dash on the driver's side. The relay plugs into the Central Junction Box. Another possibility is a problem with a connector or wiring. Sometimes crip connections fail. If the problem is with the GEM, the new one needs to be programmed. That requires the special diagnostic tools. Since the parking lights turn on, the photocell and amplifier are okay.