'01 Continental Power Seat Problem

I have a '01 Lincoln Continental and am having trouble with the power drivers seat. It wants to stick in the very back position. If I move the switch a few times it will go forward sluggishly. All of the other adjustments on the seat work fine. It only is slow going forward. When it goes back it seems OK. Is there just one motor that controls the front to back movement? If I remove the 4 seat mounting bolts is the motor difficult to replace? I looked on the net for sites selling new motors, but didn't see any. Is this a common problem or is there anything else I can try such as lubricating the seat tracks? Thanks.

Reply to
Mark

Before getting too carried away removing it you might try just loosening the four mounting bolts. It's possible that the frame was a little twisted when the bolts were tightened and it's making the tracks bind. If it doesn't operate any better after you loosen the bolts then I would pull the seat out, separate the seat from the track mechanism, get some brake cleaner spray and spray all the moving parts and the screws to clean off any dirt and hardened grease, then lube it with some silicone spray or lightly grease it. I think the tracks run on nylon slides so not much grease, if any is needed on them. But the screws should get some kind of lube as well as any other moving joints. Operate the mechanism while it's out and see if it's binding and if so see if you can see why.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher