01 Escape - Coolant

I accidentally topped off the coolant overflow with the yellow stuff from Advance Auto. The Escape still had the original green stuff. The manual says this is bad - how bad is it and what do I do if I need to
rectify?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Drain, flush & refill the system with the green mix. Do it NOW, or you'll be having seals replaced shortly.
Actually, green and yellow are compatible.... red, however, isn't compatible with anything. The warning for yellow coolant is that, if it is mixed with green, it has lost it's extended life capabilities and must be serviced at green coolant intervals.
Additionally, if green is added to a diesel with yellow coolant, an appropriate amount of diesel coolant supplement will have to be added as well since the yellow coolant does not require the use of the additive.

It was definately yellow and the coolant was the original green - so I just need to keep following the original service intervals for coolant?
The manual only gives a severe warning if it is red, I checked again and it is yellow. The front of the container does state that it is formulated to be compatible with any color coolant for any make or model (for what that is worth).
I only added about 2 cups.
Thanks again - Ian