02 mondeo problem

my 02 diesel mondeo has started to cut out after driving for approx 5 miles this has happened 4 or 5 times. when i let it cool down for 2 hours approx
it starts again and goes again for another 5 miles. my mecanic taught it was drawing in air and put new o rings on filter housing and bled the injector pump but did not help any ideas