02 Ranger Dome light switch

02 ford ranger, ext cab.\
Where is the switch that shuts hte domelight off when you close the door.
Mine appears to be broken, as the dome stays on after the door is
shut... and doesn't shut off until i hit second gear or so.
The switch itself (dash dimmer & Dome light) is ok.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Does it leave the light on when you exit the truck? There are switches inside the door at the rear edge next to the latch mech. Spray a contact cleaner or WD-40 inside the latch area of both doors, I found a small hole that allowed me to put a nozzle inside.
--
I. Care
I. Care wrote:

Well, i will certainly go have a look. yes it leaves the light on for about 10-15 minutes after closing the door.
Light comes on as soon as you shut the key off (which in itself is annoying... i would rather it stays off at least until the door is open which is probally how it is supposed to work ... since it is shutting off when i start moving.. over 15kmph)
I will go have a look for this.
I know it doesn't have the traditional small button style switch like older vehicles used to have....
LIke i said, it is an ext cab... maybe its the same on the reg cabs too.
Thanks!!

Not sure on that car. But food for thought, if you can't find it on the edge of the door there are a few odd designs where the dome light switch is built into the door latch - when it clicks to the first (half-latched) position the light switch opens.
Usually found on tailgates where a pin switch would be exposed to damage, but you never write it off...
--<< Bruce >>--