02 Taurus

What kind of problems might occur down the road with this car? 3.0 55,000 miles? Is this a good vehicle? Just curious,it`s my fiance's car.
Thanks Again,
Bill
Which 3.0? The 3.0 Vulcan or 3.0 Duratec?
CJB

How do I know which 3.0 she has?
There are several ways. If you look in the owners manual, it'll tell you which VIN digit to look for to determine which engine it is.
If you look on the door placard, you'll see the engine code. Look it up on the internet.
The easiest way is that the fender should have a badge that says 24V DOHC if it's the Duratec. If it's the Vulcan that's set up for ethanol, it'll have a badge that says FFV. If it's just a plain old pushrod Vulcan engine, there'll be no badge.
I think the valve covers or upper intake will also give you a clue.
CJB

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bill) wrote:

Either engine, I'd say check the color of the coolant and report back.
you pay..DEAL with it!
The coolant looks nice and clean. She has had it since 2000 with 9,000 miles. The reason for my questions,is we will be moving,and the drive to work for her is much father. Just looking into the future,and hoping it will be a good car for her.
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bill) wrote:

If it's yellow, I suggest changing it evry couple years...
Look up the list and check out all the plugged heater core problems... not a coincidence, I think.
you pay..DEAL with it!