03 Explorer - Cruise control problem

My cruise control quit working on my 2003 Ford Explorer. I suspect the issue is a fuse. The On switch does not activate the instrument panel light and no speed can be set over 45 mph.

When I push the Set button, the panel light ligh comes on but the speed cannot be set.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Frank from Deeetroit

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

sounds like the cruise control switch it mounts on the bottom of the master cylinder ford has had a lot of trouble with this catching fire the did have a recall on the explorer dont remember what year need to look at yours and see if the wires or switch is burnt and i would check and see if they had a recall on your year

Reply to
jimmyh

"jimmyh" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Symptom of fault that has caused hundreds of cars to burn in driveways and garages

Get to the dealer pronto if that list fits your Exploder.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The "cruise" lite never comes on when pushing the "on" button, only when you push "set"

I would check the cruise control switch on the master cylinder, doesn't hurt, for brake fluid residue.

If ok, check your brake lites

Reply to
johanb

Thanx for everyones response, will call the dealership tomorrow to set up an appointment.

Maybe I am on the beginning of some having kind of problem, the "Door Ajar" light came on today and all doors are secure.

Checked all the lights, tail lights, turnsignals, all are working. The cruise control switch and all connections to it and the master cylinder seem to be ok, I do not see any obvious signs of fluid leaaking from the MS, so who knows at this point.

Again, thanx for all of your advice.

Frank

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit