03 Ford F150: windshield wipers suddenly stopped working

2003 F150 Supercrew, 17,000 miles.

Yesterday, while driving in the rain with my wipers on, the wipers suddenly stopped. Never had any previous problems of any kind with wipers. No warning at all. Nothing has ever been done on wiper motors or wiring.

I checked the fuse and it is fine.

I played with the switch on the steering column. Moved it to every possible position. Got no response at all from wipers. I tried all the different positions and speeds. Nothing. ALL the other features of the lever on the steering column work normally: the turn signals and the water spray on the windshield both work fine.

I turned on the wipers and listened for the electric motor; no motor sound.

I raised the hood and briefly tried to inspect the motor(s) that move the wiper arm, but it appears that the motors(s) are not easy accessible. They are located under a cover that would have to be removed.... What should I do next to fix these wipers? Any suggestions?

THANKS!!

Reply to
Ralph

Just 17,000 miles? Assuming you bought this vehicle from a dealer I'd take it in under warranty and let them fix it.

Matt

Reply to
sleepdog

I bought it from an individual. I don't know if it's covered by manufacture warranty. good question!! . I'll try to find out.

Reply to
Ralph