03 Windstar: Intermittent Chime?

Our '03 Windstar (7100 miles) just developed an intermittent problem, where a chime (apparently the directional signal "on too long" chime") will sound
randomly for a few minutes at a time, even though the signal was not on. I can't figure out how to stop it, other than waiting for it to stop by itself. The van was in for service today, and (of course) the dealer did not hear the problem or find anything wrong.
Has anyone else experienced this, or heard about it? If so, what was the cause? Thanks.
: Our '03 Windstar (7100 miles) just developed an intermittent problem, where a : chime (apparently the directional signal "on too long" chime") will sound : randomly for a few minutes at a time, even though the signal was not on. I : can't figure out how to stop it, other than waiting for it to stop by itself. : The van was in for service today, and (of course) the dealer did not hear the : problem or find anything wrong. : : Has anyone else experienced this, or heard about it? If so, what was the cause? : Thanks. : There's a chime for the door ajar system. Cleaning the contacts on the side doors with sandpaper and using WD-40 on the rear latch usually fixes that problem.
Dan Mercer

Thanks. When the chime was on, I ran through the status check on the dashboard information system, and none of the doors showed as ajar. Is it possible that the door ajar chime might ring even if the doors were reported as closed?
: >: Our '03 Windstar (7100 miles) just developed an intermittent problem, where a : >: chime (apparently the directional signal "on too long" chime") will sound : >: randomly for a few minutes at a time, even though the signal was not on. I : >: can't figure out how to stop it, other than waiting for it to stop by itself. : >: The van was in for service today, and (of course) the dealer did not hear the : >: problem or find anything wrong. : >: : >: Has anyone else experienced this, or heard about it? If so, what was the : >cause? : >: Thanks. : >: : >There's a chime for the door ajar system. Cleaning the contacts : >on the side doors with sandpaper and using WD-40 on the rear : >latch usually fixes that problem. : > : >Dan Mercer : > : Dan, : : Thanks. When the chime was on, I ran through the status check on the dashboard : information system, and none of the doors showed as ajar. Is it possible that : the door ajar chime might ring even if the doors were reported as closed? : : I don't think so.
Dan