'03 Windstar: Overspeed warning chime?

Page 2 of 2
I have a Ford Ford Technical Service Information Electronic Publications for the year 2000 vehicles CD and tried to locate the overspeed sensor but had no
luck. I tried calling the guy at the shop I spoke to yesterday and was not able to get hold of him.
IceMan

I remember one on a friend's 1968 Olds Cutlass Supreme. It was an adjustable needle that you could rotate on the circular speedometer, and if the speedometer needle got up to it, it would emit a buzzing sound.
If you wanted to drive 90 mph or so you simply rotated the speed alert needle all the way to 120 mph on the speedo.
We were in high school and he frequently was asked by his father why the speed alert needle was set at such a high speed when he would forget to set it back to 65 mph or so. Can you say, "busted?" :)